At Vizen Optometric Center, our eye doctor and team are committed to providing optimal care to each and every one of our patients. We offer state-of-the-art eye exams, glasses and contact lens evaluations with the most advanced technologies. We also treat eye emergencies (i.e. red/scratched/swollen/dry/itchy eyes) and evaluate patient's eye health to determine if it is affected by diabetes, hypertension, and/or glaucoma.
Our clinic also has a unique emphasis in working with patients with amblyopia (lazy eye), strabismus (eye turn), and children who struggle with school, attention, reading, and learning. We also help patients with challenges in functions of daily living after a concussion, stroke or head injury. Our doctor is a residency trained in pediatrics, vision therapy, and neuro-optometry rehabilitation. Our clinic is known for our inter-professional collaboration with occupational therapists, physical therapists, chiropractors, learning centers, teachers, pediatricians, and many more.
Our optometrist takes the time to explain the results of your eye exam, describe your options, and listen to your eye care needs. Our mission is to provide a warm experience and exceptional care to all of our patients.
Meet our doctor:
Dr. Judy Cao, O.D., FAAO, FCOVD received her Doctorate of Optometry from the Western University of Health Sciences College of Optometry, where she graduated with honors.
She completed her residency in Pediatric Optometry and Vision Therapy/Neuro-Optometry affiliated with Marshall B. Ketchum University. She received her Fellowships from the American Academy of Optometry (AAO) and the College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD).
Dr. Cao’s professional affiliations include:
- Appointed as a Neuro-Optometrist at the HealthSouth Tustin Rehabilitation Hospital
- Clinical Faculty for Western University of Health Sciences College of Optometry
- Appointed as Clinical Assistant Professor from 2015 to 2017 at the Eye Care Institute
- The President-Elect of the San Gabriel Valley Optometric Society (SGVOS)
She is wholeheartedly honored to be the recipient of the Best Pediatric Optometrist in 2019, COVD Award of Excellence in Vision Therapy, the Dr. John Streff Award, and the Dr. Robert Johnson Pediatric/Vision Therapy Award. She has an immense passion working with infants, children, autism spectrum disorders, developmental delays, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury, concussion, stroke, lazy eye, crossed eye, and patients with learning-related vision problems.
The optometric center is well known for their services in pediatrics, vision therapy, and neuro-optometric rehabilitation to help detect vision problems early, improve patients visual skills, reduce double vision, and be able to regain the patient’s independence to improve their activities of daily living. The center is also known for their services in orthokeratology to improve patient's clarity of vision. Dr. Cao looks forward to providing optimal and compassionate care to each and every one of her patient.
During her free time, she enjoys scrapbooking, snowboarding and spending time with her friends and family, especially her sons, niece and nephews.
Dr. Cao's Accomplishments:
- Rated Best Pediatric Optometrist
- Achieved Fellowship from the College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD)
Certificate of Fellowship from College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD)
- Reappointed as Neuro-Optometrist at HealthSouth Tustin Rehabilitation Hospital
- Recertification to effectively fit patients with Orthokeratology (Paragon CRT)
- Certified to prescribe the Brilliant Futures Myopia Management Program with MiSight contact lenses
- Awarded as Most Respectful Preceptor and Appreciation of Clinical Teaching